Aerial Photography Flight
- Duration: 1 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Tauranga, Bay of Plenty
These Aerial Photography Flights will be held on the last Sunday of each month and have limited spaces, so don't miss out!
Ever wanted to fly in a helicopter with the doors off to get those amazing pictures of the city from above?
Well now you can, with a new approach in aerial photography that is purely concentrated on amateur photographers, social media junkies, aviation enthusiasts, and of course the Instagrammers!
This is a great entry-level flight for those who want to get a taste of aerial photography. Learn techniques, and strategies from your tutor as you’re guided through the lens, capturing bird’s eye views of signature local landmarks as your pilot positions the helicopter for that perfect shot, this is truly a breath-taking flight.
As thrilling as this all sounds, we take our safety values seriously – we fasten all passengers in using a harness and all equipment is tethered to the aircraft.
Includes: Approximately 1-hour duration
- Experience one of Tauranga’s iconic views from above
- Accompanied by a local Bay of Plenty professional photographer
- 20 minute private charter for your photography group only
- We take the doors off so you get the best view!
- Travel with Aerius Helicopters with more than 20 years combined experience operating out of Tauranga Airport.
We also offer a Basic Photography Workshop you can purchase on check out (optional) this will teach you how to use manual mode on your camera to get the best out of your Aerial Photography Flight. These workshops run on the Saturday before your Aerial Photography Flight and are run in partnership with The Wanderer Photographer taking the opportunity to learn new skills to put to the test during your flight.
What to bring:
Clothing should be comfortable and not too loose-fitting if possible zipped pockets to secure loose items. Avoid bright colours to stop reflections in the windows. As the doors will be off we advise wearing a jacket
Don’t forget your camera! Make sure your batteries are charged, your SD card is empty and you bring your camera strap (for CAA and Safety reasons)
- All flights are private to your photography group.
- Must be over the age of 16, or have written consent.
- Flights require a minimum of 3 passengers to be confirmed.
- If booking within 48 hours of departure please phone for availability. Bookings within this time cannot be made online.
- In accordance with CAA rules and regulations, we require all passengers to inform us of their accurate weight before any flight. For the purpose of aircraft weight, balance and safety, the maximum weight allowed per seat is 130kgs (286lbs).
- Our pilots will make a decision in regards to weather conditions on the day of your booked flight. If the weather conditions are not suitable for flying, we will contact you to reschedule your booking or provide a full refund.
- All flights are subject to weather and weight restrictions. If the pilot has any concerns, flights may be altered at their discretion.