White Island Tour - Gift Voucher
- Location: Tauranga, Bay of Plenty
Once in a lifetime opportunity to land and walk in the crater of New Zealand's most active volcano
Words cannot express the experience that is walking on the active crater floor of White Island. The unique lunar landscape is an integral part of the Pacific ring of fire. This active volcano is located 52 kilometers off the Bay of Plenty coastline. White Island (or Whakaari as it was named by the Maori before Europeans arrived) is New Zealand’s most active volcano and was once home to factory workers who mined the Island for sulphur. Ruined remains of this hard life still exist today.
This continuously active volcano, with sulphur-lipped fumaroles, active volcanic vents, steaming Crater Lake, bubbling mud pools, hot streams and desolate mining ruins combined create a surreal experience. You will feel like you are walking on a different planet.
- Flights require a minimum of 2 people, however if 1 person we will aim to book you with other confirmed passengers. We recommend contacting us for availability if booking for 1 person
- If booking within 24 hours of departure please phone for availability. Bookings within this time cannot be made online.
- In accordance with CAA rules and regulations, we require all passengers to inform us of their accurate weight before any flight. For the purpose of aircraft weight, balance and safety, the maximum weight allowed per seat is 130kgs (286lbs).
- All flights are subject to weather and weight restrictions. If the pilot has any concerns, flights may be altered at their discretion.